The Goodness Of Chocolate
Chocolate forms one of the first love for almost anyone and everyone. It comes in various flavours such as sweet, bitter, medium sweet and bitter. Over the years, chocolate has incorporated a lot of ingredients such as nuts, fruits, milk, crackles, assortment of nuts, cream fillings, nut fillings, fruit fillings and a host of other things to make the simple cocoa tastier. In the modern day, one can shop for chocolates easily, online or offline. They come in various size options and are an affordable way to indulge yourself a bit. But, children are always told that chocolate is not good for health. Too much, is definitely not. But did you know that your chocolate bar could have some benefits as well?
What are the health paybacks of chocolate?
1. Chocolate is effective in treating depression. The cocoa and the sugar works to lift up your mood when down and help relax. The phenyl ethylamine content in chocolate helps in this process.
2. Chocolate has been used for centuries as an aphrodisiac, across the globe.
3. Creamy chocolate has been proved to ensure higher longevity, by research.
4. Chocolate has also been used for treating insect bites and bronchitis.
5. Cacao the primary ingredient of chocolate comes with great anti-bacterial properties, but sometimes that gets offset due to the high sugar content. It also contains certain stimulants in minute quantities, such as caffeine, which keeps the mind alert.
6. A good chocolate contains various kinds of vitamins, along with sodium, fluorine and potassium. Although chocolate is not the ultimate source of vitamins, but if you choose well and buy the chocolate from a reputed lolly shop Sydney, you might get a chocolate having a healthy composition.
7. Some chocolates are very high on aroma, and the aroma might work to relax the senses. That is why, chocolate finds application in therapies and spas as well.
8. A mono-unsaturated fat called oleic acid is found in cocoa butter, which has been found to increase the levels of good cholesterol in the body.
9. Every bar of chocolate would have quite an amount of carbohydrates. So, if carbs is not your concern, you need not worry. In fact, these carbs help to maintain the serotonin levels in the body, thereby one gets a sense of well-being.
10. Chocolates are also high on antioxidants and stearic acid which is a neutral fat.
Goodness of dark chocolate
Dark chocolate is said to be better than pure milk chocolate as it contains lesser amount of sugar and milk; so one can rule out the bad effects of sugar. Dark chocolate could help to lower blood pressure levels and enhance the functioning of blood vessels due to the flavonoids found in them. These good flavonoids help in maintaining the elasticity of the blood vessels.